April 5, 2011

Hibernation: ACTIVATE WINTERBEAR MODE

After a long week of reading, writing, and coming down with an epic cold, I've entered into "game development hibernation" mode. I have three weeks of classes and two weeks of final exams left, so it's time to start the law grind and set Skybrawler aside for a short time.

I will be tweaking a few things in the game as the weeks drag on, but for the most part, I will be focusing my time and energy on ensuring that my semester of classes has been well-spent. Although I'd like to try to chunk off blocks of time for Skybrawler, near-constant exposure to legal texts really puts the smackdown on any potential creative juices. So rather than delivering a half-assed attempt at game content, I'd rather wait until summer arrives so that I can dive into Skybrawler with all cylinders firing. Whatever that means... I'm not a car guy.

The good news, though, is that once finals are finished, I'll be developing Skybrawler full-time, 8:00-5:00 (or longer) every day for about 3 months! I'm extremely excited for the opportunity, and I've also picked up some programming books and other educational materials so that I can expand my knowledge in game development as a whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment