January 9, 2011

Skybrawler: 59% Funded in the first 24 hours!

The response to my Kickstarter project has been quite inspiring. So far, Skybrawler has raised 59% of the $3,675 goal within the first 24 hours. That leaves 43 days left to secure the remaining $1500! If I make it by the deadline, I will officially be an indie game developer this summer. I've also thrown a widget to the right on the sidebar so that anyone visiting the Stoz Studios site can see how the project's funding is progressing.

And to top it off, Skybrawler has gathered enough momentum to be featured on the front page of Kickstarter's "New & Noteworthy" projects! I can only thank those who have already pledged their support to the game for pushing it into the spotlight. It wouldn't have gotten there without you.

I am already getting some great ideas for the characters to be named after people who have pledged their support. The more prominent characters and hero characters will have their own little stories in the game, and they will pop up periodically as the game's main story progresses.

Since I've been plugging away at the Kickstarter thing, I don't have much to report on the game's development itself for today. But stay tuned! I have a new enemy creature in the works, and I have one word to describe it: "spiky projectile knuckles." Okay, three words.

No comments:

Post a Comment