June 13, 2011

Dev Update

I'm a month into development for the summer, and I have just surpassed the point where I thought I'd be at the end of the summer. This is obviously great news, and I've learned a lot so far. In addition, I'll start sending the game out for alpha testing to my Kickstarter backers fairly soon.

I've also decided to make a few changes to the blog; namely, I'd like to make it more video focused than text-focused, since that's a much better way to showcase what's actually happening in the game, and I can ramble about how things are going while you see it in action.

Here's some stuff to watch for in upcoming videos:

  • The character progression system -- getting new skills and getting stronger!
  • Skill previews, including teleportation, bombs, energy pump, hydraulics, and more.
  • Zone and level previews.
  • BOSS FIGHTS!
There'll be some structural changes to the site as well, but stay tuned for the Friday video blog!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I'm pumped to do more alpha/beta testing, as that boss fight I got a peak of the other day was quite enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete